Room 1001e, N21, University of Macau
(853) 8822 2456
PhD in Medicine (physiology and neuroscience), Saint-Petersburg State University.
General practitioner in the major “General medicine” (with distinction), Saint-Petersburg State University.
- November 2023 – present, Associate professor of Cognitive and Brain Sciences, University of Macau.
- January 2014 – October 2023, Chief of research projects. Toulouse University Hospital Center, Toulouse, France.
- December 2009 – December 2013, Clinical research coordinator. Toulouse University Hospital Center, Toulouse, France.
- November 2006 – November 2009, Associate researcher. Centre of Brain and Cognition Research (Centre de Recherche Cerveau et Cognition) CNRS, UMR 5549, Toulouse, France.
- May 2005 – May 2006, Post-doctoral fellow in GIN (Groupe d’imagerie neurofonctionnelle). CYCERON, UMR 6194, CNRS, CEA, Université Paris 5, Sorbonne.
- December 2003- December 2004, CIMO fellow in Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Psychological Faculty, University of Helsinki.
- June 2001 – November 2003, Junior researcher in PET laboratory, Institute of the Human Brain, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
- 1st prize of the Young Scientists’ Council of Saint-Petersburg State University (1998).
- Honorary Medal of Saint-Petersburg State University (1999)
- Scholarship of the President of Russia (2000)
- “Must read” award, Faculty of 1000, Medicine, (2010)
Brain plasticity in norm and pathology, speech perception, development of novel computational approaches in neuroimaging, integrative neural modeling. I use various behavioral and neuroscience methods to investigate my research questions, including fMRI, PET, EEG, fNIRS, eye-tracking, psychophysical methods. I develop neural models and computational methods in Python, Matlab, C++.
- ANR AgeHear grant (2020-2023)
- Grant of “Agir pour l’Audition” foundation (2016-2018)
- Grant of the Cochlear Company for clinical research (2014)
- Grant from the Toulouse Institute of the Brain to develop analytical approaches in MRI images (2012-2013)
- DRCI Toulouse (Direction de la Recherche Clinique et de l’Innovation) (2009-2011)
- CNRS Atip+ program grant (2007-2009)
- Fellowship from the International Mobility Center (CIMO), Finland, (2003-2004)
- Grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR), (2001-2003)
- Scholarship of the President of Russia (2000-2001)
- International Neuropsychological Society (2003-2009)
- Institute of advanced surgical technologies, Toulouse, France (2021-2023)
- New-York Academy of Sciences (2023)
- Strelnikov, K., Debladis, J., Salles, J., Valette, M., Cortadellas, J., Tauber, M., Barone, P. Amygdala hyperactivation relates to eating behavior: a potential indicator of food addiction in Prader-Willi syndrome. Brain Communications (2023), 5(3), fcad138.
- Sadoun A., Chauhan T.,Zhang Y.-F., Gallois Y., Marx M., Deguine O., Barone P., Strelnikov K. Intensity patterns at the peaks of brain activity in fMRI and PET are highly correlated with neural models of spatial integration, European journal of neuroscience (2021), 54(9): 7141-7151.
- Sadoun A., Chauhan T., Mameri S., Zhang Y., Barone P., Deguine O., Strelnikov K. Stimulation-specific information is represented as local activity patterns across the brain. Neuroimage (2020), 223:117326.
- Strelnikov, K., Energy-information coupling during integrative cognitive processes. Journal of Theoretical Biology (2019), 469, 180–186.
- Strelnikov K., Rouger J., Demonet J.-F., Lagleyre S., Fraysse B., Deguine O., Barone P. Visual activity predicts auditory recovery from deafness after adult cochlear implantation. Brain (2013), 136, 3682-3695.
- Strelnikov K., Barone P. Stable modality-specific activity flows as reflected by the neuroenergetic approach to the fMRI weighted maps. PLoS One (2012), 7(3): e33462.
- Strelnikov, K. Schizophrenia and language – shall we look for a deficit of deviance detection? Psychiatry Research (2010), 178, 225-229.
- Strelnikov, K., Rouger, J., Demonet, J. F., Lagleyre, S., Fraysse, B., Deguine, O., Barone, P. Does brain activity at rest reflect adaptive strategies? Evidence from speech processing after cochlear implantation. Cerebral Cortex (2010), 20, 1217-1222.
- Strelnikov, K. Neuroimaging and neuroenergetics: brain activations as information-driven reorganization of energy flows. Brain and Cognition (2010), 72 449-456.
- Strelnikov K. Activation-verification in continuous speech processing. Interaction of cognitive strategies as a possible theoretical approach. Journal of Neurolinguistics (2008), 21 1-17.
- Strelnikov, K. N., Vorobyev, V. A., Chernigovskaya, T. V. and Medvedev, S. V. Prosodic clues to syntactic processing-a PET and ERP study. Neuroimage (2006), 29, 1127-1134