Room 1001d, N21, University of Macau
(853) 8822 2456
PhD, Neurolinguistics, University of Groningen, the Netherlands
MSc, Clinical linguistics, University of Groningen, the Netherlands
- 2014 – PhD scholarship from the European Commission: Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate (EMJD) Program – International Doctorate for Experimental Approaches to Language and Brain (IDEALAB) – PhD at University of Groningen, the Netherlands and University of Potsdam, Germany.
- 2012 – MSc scholarship from the European Commission: Erasmus Mundus Program – European Masters in Clinical Linguistics (EMCL) – Master’s at University of Groningen, the Netherlands and University of Potsdam, Germany.
Neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics, sentence processing, dyslexia, aphasia, EEG/ERP.
- 2023 – A multimodal simultaneous language processing modeling system of eye-movement and EEG measurements; university-level grant; from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (HK) – HK$901,853 (US$115,007) as member/co-PI
- 2021 – ERP language processing research fund; faculty-level grant; from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (HK) – HK$161,980 (US$20,770) as member/co-PI
- Politzer-Ahles, S. & Jap, B. A. (Accepted). Can the mismatch negativity really be elicited by abstract linguistic contrasts? – in Neurobiology of Language. (This study was covered by a local Hong Kong news media: https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/article/3198433/its-not-scam-hong-kong-university-offers-paid-netflix-viewing-all-name-science )
- Jap, B. A., Hsu, Y.-Y., & Politzer-Ahles, S. (2022). Neural correlates of thematic role assignment for passives in Standard Indonesian. PLOS ONE, 17(8), e0272207.
- Borleffs, E.*, Jap, B. A*., Nasution, I. K., Zwarts, F., & Maassen, B. A. (2018). Do single or multiple deficit models predict the risk of dyslexia in Standard Indonesian?. Applied Psycholinguistics, 39(3), 675-702. * equal first authors
- Jap, B. A., Borleffs, E., & Maassen, B. A. (2017). Towards identifying dyslexia in Standard Indonesian: the development of a reading assessment battery. Reading and writing, 30(8), 1729-1751.
- Jap, B. A., Martinez-Ferreiro, S., & Bastiaanse, R. (2016). The effect of syntactic frequency on sentence comprehension in standard Indonesian Broca’s aphasia. Aphasiology, 30(11), 1325-1340.